“Sailors have an expression about the weather: they say the weather is a great bluffer. I guess the same is true of our human society — things can look dark, then a break shows in the clouds, and all is changed.”
— E. B. White (via observando)
4:15 am • 18 February 2014 • 234 notes
saying women shouldn’t be allowed to get abortions because they were the ones who had unprotected sex is like saying smokers shouldn’t receive treatment for lung cancer or drivers shouldn’t receive treatment in a car crash because they knew the risks when they got a driving license
I think it’s safe to say you’re probably smarter than a lot of the government.
(Source: chris-demarais, via lesbians--and--tattoos)
4:14 am • 18 February 2014 • 422,393 notes
When Jim Henson, creator of the Muppets died in 1990, Disney released this picture of Mickey consoling Kermit the Frog.
Reblogging for the hundredth time
but what if he’s consoling Kermit because he remembers how he felt when Walt died and he doesn’t want anyone to go through that alone
Excuse me while I go cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life.
yall just depressed the fuck outta me
(Source: thelandofdavid, via lesbians--and--tattoos)
9:00 am • 17 February 2014 • 524,597 notes
“1. if you ever want to wear mommy’s make-up, just make sure you don’t eat it. when it’s time to go to bed, I will help you wash it off.
2. when school starts and you want to jump rope instead of play kickball, be careful not to trip and hurt your knees.
3. if you grow up and a boy makes your heart hurt, you do not have to be ashamed.
4. if you fall in love with a girl
who wears the same clothes
as you, it will be easy for me to buy you both presents.
5. if I teach you anything, I will teach you to be gentle.
6. you are not Atlas and the world
is not a burden for you to carry.
7. if you do not like your body, if you feel like you were put inside the wrong one, I will stand by and watch you become again.
8. because we are human beings and we do not always have to
take what we are given.
9. I will love you constantly, fervently, always.
10. I will teach you the value of
the word “no” so that, when you hear it, you do not question it.
11. when the war comes
and you want to fight, I will
sleep with clenched fists until you come home to me.
12. when the war comes and you don’t want to go, I will sleep soundly.
13. you are allowed to be soft. you are allowed to break and bend. you do not have to be strong. you do not have to be a soldier.”
— a letter to my future son | Caitlyn S. (via ruby-moon)
(Source: alonesomes, via redlips-blackheart)
7:30 am • 17 February 2014 • 125,696 notes
I like the idea that mermaids lure men to their deaths but fall in love with women and help them become mermaids and all mermaids are like beautiful sea lesbians
(Source: melissacoughlinillustration, via jukejointhussy)
6:00 am • 17 February 2014 • 101,492 notes
Laurel Leaf Tiara belonging to Queen Sophia of Greece
(Source: buddhabrot, via whorederves)
12:17 am • 16 February 2014 • 62,873 notes